Check out our blogs where we share great tips & recommendations with our local and traveling foodie community
Tanzy Unveils Fresh New Menu w/ Delicious New Brunch, Lunch, Dinner & Dessert Items
Hello Foodie Friends,
I was recently invited to dine at Tanzy’s, located inside the iPic Theaters in Mizner Park, to check out their new weekend brunch offerings. I’ve enjoyed a meal or two at Tanzy’s before but this was my first time experiencing their brunch. It was a Saturday (and who doesn’t like the idea of a leisurely Saturday brunch catching up with good friends?!?) and I was totally stoked to be able to bring my girlfriend who I hadn’t seen in a super long time to join me for this brunch tasting. With so many wonderful dining choices available in Mizner Park, you might forget that Tanzy is there unless of course, you are going inside the iPic Theaters to catch a movie. While Tanzy is a great dining option for your pre or post-movie experience, I am here to set the record straight that Tanzy should be on the top of your list for a wonderful meal to be enjoyed whether your plans include a movie or not. Case in point: the epic weekend brunch, happy hour bar bites, lunch and of course, dinner.
Tanzy’s artisanal Italian cuisine focuses on garden-fresh modern Italian flavors in an elegant, yet relaxed social environment where friends, family and colleagues can gather to enjoy good conversation, good food & creative cocktails. Tanzy’s new menu features fresh new classics alongside time-tested favorites by award-winning Chef and Chief Operating Officer of iPic Entertainment. Diners will delight in inspiring flavors where seasonal ingredients are the star in every dish, artfully prepared by melding contemporary techniques with classic Italian influences; the resulting flavor profiles are modern and unique. Master Bartender and Advanced Sommelier Adam Seger crafts an unparalleled beverage program with local beers, an expertly curated wine list and stunning farm-to-glass handcrafted cocktails.
We started off with a Bloody Mary and a Peach Bellini. Then our server Julia surprised us with this beauty. An Italian Ice Mimosa made with liquid nitrogen. Check out the baby spoon that came with it, so cute! Can you say “Wow” factor?!?
So we were off to a good start. Julia explained the menu to us and it was difficult I must say to choose because so many items caught my eye. The bread basket contained an assortment of baked items which offered a good variety, so we chose that. OMG, without exaggeration, my friend and I ate one bite of the banana nut muffin and our eyes truly bugged out. It was without a doubt the best banana nut muffin we both had ever eaten. Man, I am salivating just a little right now as I recall how scrumptious it was, lol!
Another really really fantastic item was the candied bacon. It had a slight amount of heat and the perfect amount of sweetness. Loved it! I have to give Tanzy kudos for this because try as I have, I cannot seem to perfect the art of making candied bacon.
The infamously decadent French Toast, pictured below on the left, lived up to its title. It was made from thick sliced brioche bread stuffed with whipped mascarpone and assorted fresh berries. It reminded me a little of the one they make at Tucker Dukes which I just adore, but better, in my humble opinion. We ordered the eggs benedict, which came with our choice of crispy prosciutto, spinach or smoked salmon. We chose the salmon. The rich velvety Hollandaise sauce covered the English muffin halves like a warm comforting blankie. Yum!
Next up was the burrata & San Daniele prosciutto which came with a compressed melon, arugula and adorned with beautiful fennel flowers. It was almost too pretty to eat (almost, haha)! The spinach-ricotta gnudi was calling out to us from an early glance at the menu, so we heeded the call and gave in. Oh my, this was so worth having to do extra laps and burpees the next day!
Well, we didn’t quite make it to the dessert tower, but there’s always the next time.
I encourage you to check out their new lunch and dinner menus on their website and make your plans to visit there at your earliest chance. You won’t be disappointed, I can pretty much say this with 100% confidence.
Below is a sample of some of the new menu items which include fresh pastas, mains and antipasti to share:
- Beet Agnolotti mascarpone-potato filling, poppy seed, black winter truffle, parmesan ($28)
- Spinach-Ricotta Gnudi roasted mushrooms, basil pesto, gorgonzola cream, grana padano ($24)
- Yellowtail Crudo passionfruit splash, crispy shallot, radish, micro cilantro, grapefruit, herb oil ($16)
- Steamed Mussels shallots, garlic, pernod cream sauce, tarragon, grilled focaccia ($16)
- Black Grouper Puttanesca San Marzano puttanesca sauce, basil, Kalamata olives, capers, orzo, sautéed spinach ($25)
- Crab Stuffed Whole Lobster crab-lobster stuffing, seasonal vegetables, lemon-garlic butter (MKT)
- Truffled Polenta parmesan cream, chives, truffle oil ($8)
Pair Chef Yard’s new dishes with inspired beverages by celebrated mixologist Adam Seger. New additions include:
- Famous Mojitos Italiano – mint, Italian herbs from our herb garden, exotic citrus in a range of flavors, as single servings or punch bowls to share ($8-80)
- Spiked Italian Ice think boozy liquid nitrogen gelato in limon, passion-ginger, strawberry-mojito, blood orange-pomegranate, chocolate-espresso-maldon ($15) and spirit-free ($10)
- The Kiss vodka-spiked lemon berry Arnold Palmer ($12 glass/36 bottle/65 punch bowl)
- Gin Gin Mule New Amsterdam gin, homemade ginger beer, apple salsa ($12); luxe with Bombay Sapphire ($15)
- Spice and Ice ancho-infused tequila, mango, ginger, habanero, 7-spice ($15)
And of course, no trip to Tanzy would be complete without elegantly crafted desserts by Executive Pastry Chef James Rosselle. Try these sweet new show-stopping cakes:
- Raspberry Infiniti Cake raspberry red velvet cake, raspberry buttercream, farmers market raspberries, raspberry sauce, whipped cream ($12)
- Concord Cake chocolate mousse, chocolate meringue, chocolate cake, chocolate ganache, chocolate sauce, whipped cream ($12)
- Warm Olive Oil Cake apricot glaze, blood orange cream, vanilla scented citrus segments, honeycomb ($12)
Enjoy Tanzy’s new menu Mon. – Thurs. 11:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Friday 11:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.; Sat. 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.; Sun. 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Sat./Sun. Brunch 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Tanzy Boca Mizner Park: 301 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, FL. (561) 922-6699
Until we eat (and drink) again…
I send you delicious wishes, xo